ALL OF “TITAN” GROUP’S CERTIFICATES
Guided by the Russian forestry legislation, and in consideration of the state of the current and the project of the new national standard of FSC forest management, the “Titan” group of companies began developing a strategy of forest management on leased forest territories for the period until 2025. The WWF of Russia was invited to participate in the development of this strategy, and Greenpeace of Russia was invited as an expert.
Moreover, in 2013 the “Titan” group of companies signed four voluntary moratorium agreements with the WWF and Greenpeace, thereby assuming the obligation to preserve intact forest landscapes, and stop logging works on leased territories with a total area of more than 242 00 ha (6/4% of the total volume).
Annual losses of allowable cut 227.84 thousand m³
|Leased forest landscapes|
|Intact forest landscapes|
|Areas of strictly protected moratorium|
|Buffer areas of moratorium|
Moreover, by confirming its commitment to the principles of sustainable ecological and socially responsible development, “Titan” holding supported the creation of the Verkhneyulovskyi reserve in the interfluve of the Northern Dvina and Pinega with a total area that is no less than 350 thousand ha, of which there is a significant part of forest land leased by GC “Titan”. The Verkhneyulovskyi reserve will become the sixth specially protected nature territory SPNT in the Arkhangelsk region.
Specially protected nature territories
There are five specially protected nature territories on the holding’s leased territory. The total size of these territories comprises 76 637 ha with established regimes of protection and use (this comprises 2.1% from the total leased area):
- Complex (landscape) reserve of a regional status “Zheleznye Vorota” (iron gates) with a total area of 19211 ha
- State natural landscape reserve of a regional status “Chugskyi” with a total area of 7973 ha
- Natural biological reserve of a regional status “Kuloiskyi” with a total area of 28313 ha
- Zoological reserve of a regional status “Ust-Retskyi” with a total area of 20000 ha
- Vazhskyi biological reserve of a regional status with a total area of 593 ha
- Pinezhsky state nature reserve with a total area of 3547 ha